Clickable Links :D

Thursday, May 2, 2013

Dreamcatcher Tattoo

Added another to my collections. A dreamcatcher was always something I always wanted and I thought I would get something for myself this year since its been over a year now since my last tattoo.

What is a Dream Catcher?



Dream catchers are arts and crafts of the Native American people. The original web dream catcher of the Ojibwa was intended to teach natural wisdom. Nature is a profound teacher. Dream catchers of twigs, sinew, and feathers have been woven since ancient times by Ojibwa people. They were woven by the grandfathers and grandmothers for newborn children and hung above the cradleboard to give the infants peaceful, beautiful dreams. The night air is filled with dreams. Good dreams are clear and know the way to the dreamer, descending through the feathers. The slightest movement of the feathers indicated the passage of yet another beautiful dream. Bad dreams, however, are confused and confusing. They cannot find their way through the web and are trapped there until the sun rises and evaporates them like the morning dew.

I wanted it to somehow also have a meaning connected to me. Therefore I've added 3 little dreamcatchers to represent three important loved ones. Of course my Fiance and my 2 corgis Sumo and Suki. They bring nothing but joy to my life. Getting thier name on my was a def no-no so I thought this would be a great way to represent them :)

Love my tattoo Artist. He is freaking amazing!



No comments:

Post a Comment