Clickable Links :D

Thursday, June 6, 2013

Rivercity Market Jacksonville, Fl Saturday June 1st extra Car Pics

Let me start off that I've been living in Jacksonville, FL for over 5 years now and I'm still amaze at all this city has to offer. Surprisingly out of all the events I have attended here my favorites are what the locals know and love such as Downtown Art Walk every first Wednesday of the month, all the random beach festivals, local car shows, and hidden concerts with amazing unknown band that always seem to explode a few months after they perform here.
With that said I recently came a cross a blog that mentioned the Rivercity Art walk. I'm familiar with the area cause me and my bf had a car photoshoot there at one point. I remember stating over and over what a sweet location it was. Underneath a highway bridge right off the st johns river and a beautiful view of the main street bridge. Little did I know that was the location for this amazing local "flea" market that happened every Saturday from 10am to 4 pm. It had vendors selling homemade candles, mini farmer's market, local artist selling paintings, fortune tellers and so much more. There was even a band and when they started playing Chris Isaak Wicked Game I just fell in love with it.
But the main reason I wanted to check out the Market was to checkout the local food vendors. And one in particular was the Little Family Crepes made by a real French lady! I came across her cart one time during Art Walk and couldn't stop thinking about her crepe since.
But I didn't stop there, there was plenty more food vendors to go round, there were famous grilled sausages, Filipino food, famous homemade burgers, famous funnel cakes, etc....
There was so much to choose from but me and the fiancĂ© decided on a coconut shrimp sandwich and blackened fish sandwich with freshly squeezed strawberry lemonade. I would give it a 3.5 out of a scale of 1 to 5. I thought it was pretty pricey, I totally forgot the price but I know they were bout $10 each (also came with fries)
Overall I will definitely attend the market again and this time I will take more pic hopefully with my new DSLR that I'm looking to buy this weekend as a bday present for thy self :) Hope you guys enjoy this little info on the Rivercity Market. Its definitely worth checking out if your Saturday mornings are opened!
 Awesome Van promoting the Market completely painted as a chalk board!
 




And here are some car pics we took awhile back




 

No comments:

Post a Comment