Clickable Links :D

Thursday, February 20, 2014

Young the Giant "Mind Over Matter" Tour Jacksonville, FL The Maverick Part 1






Yesterday was the loooong awaited concert me and Norak have been wanting to attend ever since they came here about 2 years ago and perform at Freebird and we miss missed out cause they sold out quickly :( So as soon as I heard they were coming back I knew I couldn't miss another chance to see Young the Giant perform live!

I get claustrophobic so I knew I wouldn't want to fight my way threw the crowd so we stood on the right side of the stage near the bar area. There was a barrel there so I thought perfect I can sit on here so I can see the stage better but some damn lady came up and just sat on it when I was standing next to it. So that made me a little annoyed. So I grabbed a drink to make me feel better :) A BIG ONE. Nicely names "Jack in a Pear Tree"
Can you see homegirl sitting on my barrel??


Here is the view of the stage from where we were standing, unfortunately it was not a good view...
Pre-Performer Cayacus, I tried listening to some of their Music via YT beforehand but it was ok, I couldn't really get into it....

So after Cayacus left the stage I went to go for a pee break... and as I was walking towards the bathroom I notice that the band exit right by me into a room labeled "BACKSTAGE"
(Cue minion scene ) ****light bulb****
I hurried my way back to Norak and told him we can run into Young The Giant by waiting by the "backstage area" I took one for the team and told him he can go watch them come out from backstage while I save our spot. I was watching him from afar and sure enough I saw Sameer walk out! So I did what any Young the Giant fan would do I ran to him lol But as I got there he disappeared back into the backstage area :( But Norak did get a video of him on his phone. And we also got this :) Unfortunately its pretty dark





My Iphone camera sucks :(





I knew we aren't going to get our spot back but just our luck the security weren't that strick and we were able to stand near the side of the stage where there was a curtain blocking it but we got to peak inside! 

The view was amazing and they are by far one of my favorite performers. Hearing them live doesn't even compare to listening to their music. They were that good! Please enjoy some of the videos I was able to capture.


Remind me to never let Norak record, he gets way to into the music. You will see what I'm talking about when I upload "My body"

Here are somewhat of better videos we recorded with our dinky camera









My favorite


Photo of the night


Sameer


Stay tune for more videos....




No comments:

Post a Comment